The MSBA's Tax Section Presents
MN Department of Revenue and MSBA Tax Law Section Liaison Group Meeting
MN Department of Revenue Participants will include
Commissioner Ward Einess; Asst. Commissioners Jack Mansun and Beth Kadoun; various Division Directors and Department Legal Staff
II. Commissioner’s Report
III. Department 2011 Legislative update
IV. DOR Rulemaking and guidance:
- Revenue Release from 7/1/2010 regarding new withholding tax developments that affect employers for tax year 2010. Including employer-provided health insurance and adoption benefits; the end of the Minnesota-Wisconsin income tax reciprocity agreement; the new Minnesota Form W-4MN (Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate); use of a foreign bank account when paying electronically; and the requirement for electronically submitting certain forms.
- The advance pay requirements for sales and use tax (for taxpayers remitting more than $120,000 annually) that take effect in September 2010.
- Corporate and Sales Tax Refund Delays
V. MSBA 2011 Tax Initiatives at Legislature
- Carry-over issues from 2010
- Mailing date replacement to filing date requirement for tax court
VII. Miscellaneous: Questions
1.5 hours of Standard CLE credits applied for
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Minnesota Revenue
600 N Robert St., Skjegstad Room
St. Paul, MN 55146
Cost: There is not a fee.
RSVP is requested.