You may find some additional material relating to this
area of the law through the following links. Neither the Section nor
the MSBA vouches for the accuracy or reliability of any of the materials
on any of these pages for any specific purpose. Anyone with a significant
question about their legal rights or the law's application to a concrete
situation important to them should consult a lawyer.
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Minnesota Department of Revenue – Collection Manual
- Minnesota Department of Revenue – Legal and research information
- Minnesota Taxpayer Rights Advocate
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Michigan Department of Treasury
- Iowa Department of Revenue
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- New York Department of Taxation and Finance
- Florida Department of Revenue
- South Dakota Department of Revenue and Regulation
- North Dakota Department of Revenue
- Multistate Tax Commission
- United States Bankruptcy Court – District of Minnesota
- United States Tax Court
- Minnesota Legislature
- Minnesota Statutes Search
- Minnesota Administrative Rules – Department of Revenue
- Minnesota Secretary of State – Business Center
- Minnesota Judicial Branch
- Minnesota Tax Court
- Minnesota White Pages – State Government
- California Franchise Tax Board
- California Franchise Tax Board – Procedures & Practices
- Federation of Tax Administrators
- Internal Revenue Service
- Internal Revenue Service – Forms & Publications
- Internal Revenue Manual
http://www.irs.gov/irm/index.htmlIRS e-file for Business and Self-Employed Taxpayers
- Streamlined Sales Tax
IRS e-file for Business and Self-Employed Taxpayers
The IRS offers several electronic filing options designed specifically for the business filer. There are several ways you may choose to participate in the IRS e-file for Business programs.
Electronic Federal Tax Payments (EFTPS)
Businesses and individuals can use the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System to pay all their federal taxes electronically, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via the phone, personal computer (PC) software or the Internet. Visit the EFTPS web site for all the latest information! Or visit the Department of Treasury’s Financial Management Services web page on EFTPS.
Get on board and be one of the thousands of tax professionals that currently receive information on “up-to-the-minute” e-file events.
Employment Tax for Small Business
If you have employees, you are responsible for Federal Income Tax Withholding, Social Security and Medicare taxes and Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA).
This easy-to-use calculator can help you figure your employees’ Federal income tax withholding so you can withhold the correct amount from their pay.
Contact Your Local IRS Office
IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers are your one-stop resource for face-to-face tax help and solutions to tax problems, every business day.
View a streaming video of an IRS Small Business Workshop, take an IRS course or complete an online self-directed version of a workshop taught live around the country.
Small Business Products Online Ordering
Looking for a tool to help you meet your tax requirements? Choose from our free products, developed especially for the Small Business/Self-Employed person, and obtain updated information on existing products.
ProJusticeMN.org - Minnesota's Legal Community Serving the Public Good
Resources for Specific Communities
Industries and Professions Index Page
Specific tax information for Agriculture, Automotive, Child Care, Construction, Cosmetology, Entertainment, Fishing, Gaming, Gas Retailers, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Restaurants, Tax Professionals, and other industries.