The MSBA's Practice Management & Marketing Section Presents
"Successfully Ever After: Why Bother with Strengths?"
People who focus on their strengths are six times more likely to be engaged in their work and three times more likely to say they have excellent quality of life. It's simply smarter (more effective) and purpose-centered to spend time developing strengths than to 'fix' weaknesses. Your greatest talents hold the key to high achievement, success and they contribute to levels of personal excellence. By becoming aware of your talents, you will build confidence that can be applied in many areas including relationships, leadership, careers. As you develop & apply strengths, your achievements will increase and you will experience greater and more frequent success. You will enjoy an increase in self-knowledge and esteem.
You will leave the workshop able to:
1. Identify your strengths and understand why they matter.
2. Explore how your strengths show up and how to develop them further.
3. Apply your strengths to specific areas of your life and create a plan to keep you on track.
Assignment prior to the workshop:
Access the online assessment to learn your Top 5 Strengths.
1) Buy the book "StrengthsFinder 2.0" (Click here to purchase, must be new not used) -- It is not necessary to buy the book to participate in the workshop, but recommended to enhance the learning.
2) Go to page 31 for online assessment site.
3) Access unique code from back of book.
4) Take 20 minute online assessment.
5) Print off results - read individualized paragraphs about your talent themes.
6) Bring results with you to meeting.
Cinda Columb, M.A., Business & Life Coach
Cinda Columb, M.A., is an experienced presenter, business and life coach, who will be engaging our brains through a lively inter-active learning time, as you discover your talents & build your strengths.
1 hour of Law Office Management CLE credit applied for
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Time: 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Location: 5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Bloomington West
5120 American Blvd West
Bloomington MN 55437 [Directions/Map]
Section Members: $10.00
Join the Section NOW and attend for Free: $31.00
MSBA Members (But Not Practice Management & Marketing Section Members): $15.00
Non-MSBA Members: $20.00
Refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received in writing on or before noon on the registration deadline. Requests should be directed to the event contact person listed at the bottom of this notice. Cancellation requests received after this time are not eligible for refunds. You may send a colleague in your place if you are unable to join us and the registration deadline has passed.
Requests for an exception to this policy should be directed to Elyse Farnsworth, Section Services Director, by e-mail or at (612) 278-6336