On May 1 MSBA launched its new website at mnbar.org, culminating a year-long effort to make the site more user-friendly for members and the public.
Built using responsive design technology, the site is crafted for ease of viewing on mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones as well as desktop and laptop PCs.
Members who login can use the site:
- for easy access to practice tools such as practicelaw and FastCase;
- to pay dues and register for events such as CLE programs
- to access forms, document assembly software (mndocs), and other resources;
- to sign up for MSBA listservs ot CourtOps
- to peruse Bench & Bar, Legal News Digest, MSBA’s eBooks, and current news including legislative updates;
- to learn about certification of specialists, committee and section membership, pro bono opportunities, and other service programs such as Mock Trial;
- to review employment opportunities and place advertisements;
- to learn about MSBA policies, diversity initiatives, governance, and related organizations.
Resources for the public on the new site include:
- access to mnfindalawyer, the MSBA’s online lawyer referral service;
- information on access to civil legal services;
- how to file a complaint against an attorney;
- information on MSBA’s government relations efforts;
- links to the Minnesota Bar Foundation;
- information on Mock Trial;
- Opportunities to advertise.
Still in development for both members and the public are new online directories.