Bench & Bar of Minnesota
This award-winning professional magazine provides in-depth coverage of issues in substantive law, practice management/marketing, and legal technology as well as updates on case law, legislation and court decisions, news of the MSBA, and other information of interest to Minnesota attorneys. Standing columns cover recent developments in multiple areas of the law, professional responsibility, new books and resources for attorneys, and news of people and events in the Minnesota legal milieu. Articles range from technical analysis of new statutes and trends to practice tips and guidance for litigators and transactional attorneys alike.
Bench & Bar Online
Bench & Bar Online includes up-to-date print edition contents, original, digital-only articles, an archive of previously published articles, and classified advertising offering employment opportunities, office space, and other products and services.
Legal News Digest
A year-round e-newsletter that compiles a week’s worth of legal news into a web-based digest with links to newspapers, magazines, websites, blogs and journals worldwide. LND also features CLE opportunities and law-related special events.
A weekly email publication sent to all members during the legislative session and also archived at the MSBA website. It highlights major happenings at the Capitol, tracks the progress of MSBA legislation, and offers updates on bills of interest to attorneys.
The MSBA maintains a presence on several of the most popular social media channels to inform and engage members and the general public on issues affecting the legal profession in Minnesota.
Follow the MSBA on these channels:
The MSBA publishes several blogs focusing on topics like legal ethics, small firm issues, and practice resources. Members are encouraged to contribute and comment on posts.
Check out these MSBA blog resources:
- Small Firm Soapbox: Practice management, marketing, legal issues, working in Greater MN, and humor for the solo/small practitioner.
- practiceblawg: How to improve efficiency and grow your practice using products and services the MSBA offers.
- Voices: A repository of member posts on a variety of subjects.
- Minnesota Legal Ethics: A companion to the MSBA eBook Minnesota Legal Ethics by William J. Wernz featuring monthly updates and commentary.
- Federal Tax Committee Updates: The Federal Taxation Committee of the MSBA's Probate & Trust Law Section monitors and reports on federal legislation and IRS rules that affect the practice of estate planning. Section member and attorney Richard Hawke compiles and drafts these updates.
- MNblawgs: A blogroll of Minnesota-based law blogs across many practice areas.
The MSBA has made a number of video resources available to members and the general public, including a series of MN Find a Lawyer Video FAQs featuring MSBA members.