The MSBA understands that specialized information and opportunities are important to an attorney's practice. One of the best ways to gain this informational insight and enhance professional growth is by joining a section. Each section is designed to:
- Enhance lawyers' specialized skills and knowledge.
- Influence changes in the legislature and community.
- Keep members abreast of developments in their field.
- Provide an avenue for educational and pro bono opportunities.
- Provide a forum to network, build relationships, and express views.
Each section accomplishes these goals through a combination of section meetings, continuing legal education (CLE) programs, legislative activities, publications, social events, committees, institutes, forums and seminars. In addition to these activities common to most sections, individual sections have programs and goals that address important issues in their specific field.
Information regarding a specific section is available on the section's webpage. Staff contact information for each section is available here.
Section leadership may find the following resources helpful: