The Minnesota State Bar Association promotes the highest standards of excellence and inclusion within the legal profession, provides valued resources to its members, and strives to improve the law and the equal administration of justice for all.
The Minnesota State Bar Association will improve society by developing professional excellence among its diverse membership and will be a leader in the state of Minnesota in achieving effective and equal justice for all.
The values that guide the Minnesota State Bar Association and its members are:
- Professionalism. Conducting all of our affairs with the highest proficiency, fiscal accountability, professional discipline, leadership, and moral courage.
- Service. Fulfilling our obligation to our members, the profession, the courts, and the public.
- Integrity. Being ethically uncompromising and earning trust by matching our actions to our words and accepting accountability and responsibility.
- Respect. Respecting the law and individual rights by promoting human dignity and equality.
- Innovation. Developing and implementing innovative programs and valuable services to our members.
- Excellence. Demanding and delivering quality in everything we undertake.
- Diversity. Recognizing the power of diversity of persons, viewpoints, beliefs, and human understanding.