Minnesota State Bar Association
David Graven Public Service Award
Awarded to the lawyer who best exemplifies the high standards of the profession in combination with a commitment to public or community service.
The Graven Award was established in 1994 to recognize and encourage public service among lawyers. Recipients must have demonstrated substantial commitment to public or community service. Previous winners include: John Tunheim, Judge Kevin Burke, Edward J. Cleary, Eric Janus, Leonard Lindquist, Richard Beens, and George Latimer.
· All MSBA members are eligible to nominate or be nominated for the Graven Award.
· Nominations must include the full name and contact information for the nominee, as well as the nominator, along with one to two pages describing specifically how this nominee has demonstrated the high standards of the legal profession along with his or her commitment to public or community service. Please include mention of any previous recognition this nominee has received, along with a copy of the nominee’s most recent resume.
· Nominations must be submitted no later than Friday, March 1, 2013 to Joni Fenner at the MSBA, 600 Nicollet Mall, Suite 380, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
· The Friends of David Graven Selection Committee will review the nominations and recommend a nominee to the MSBA Council who will make the final selection.
· The 2012 Graven Award will be presented with a plaque and $1,000 for the charity of his or her choice during the MSBA Assembly meeting on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at the Minnesota CLE Conference Center in Minneapolis.