Wednesday, May 22, 2013
My husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary last week. Before we got married I mulled over options for changing or not changing my last name and it turned out to be a tougher decision than I thought. In this week's LND you'll find a story about taking your spouse's name and a legal blog post exploring the internet's effect on the marriage market. I don't know about the internet but I can tell you that fighting traffic in a long car ride over Memorial Day weekend to visit my in-laws will definitely put us to the test.
- Klobuchar, Franken Announce Advisory Committee for U.S. Attorney: Sens. Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar
- Minnesota's Prison System: Stillwater Patch
- Legacy deal hinges on rural vs. urban fight over parks money: Minnesota Public Radio
- Mall of America hopes tax break jump-starts $1.5B expansion: Pioneer Press
- Minnesota pays $400,000 to settle suit in inmate's death: Star Tribune
- House approves disputed unionization bill with no votes to spare: MinnPost
- Plus: Judges hear arguments in voting rights case; and CAIR to File Complaint Over MN Judge's Questioning on 'Sharia'
Go to Minnesota News
- MN State Bar Foundation seeks candidates for positions on its Board of Directors: MSBA Governance
- 2013 Indian Law Conference: MAIBA & MN CLE
- Ramsey County eFile and eServe Training: RCBA
- 2013 Legislative Session Wrap-up & Health Law Section Annual Meeting: MSBA Sections
- Anti-Bullying and Teen Suicide Prevention Fundraiser: Lindquist & Vennum
- Plus: MSBA to roll out new membership software system; and Want your dose of legal news more than once a week?
Go to Bar News
Go to Legal Blogs
- Senate votes to not confirm Perez: MinnLawyer Blog
- Legal Aid fights to close the 'justice gap' for society's most vulnerable: Star Tribune
- Boston Bar helps in Marathon bombing aftermath: NABE
- Are There Good Clients Online? Lawyerist
- U.S. Legal System Ranked as Most Costly: Corporate Counsel
- Plus: Michigan Dean Says Law Schools Are Looking Beyond LSATs; and Have lawyerly shenanigans caught the FBI's eye?
Go to the Profession
- Vermont passes law allowing doctor-assisted suicide: Reuters
- Why is violent crime so rare in Iceland? BBC World News
- Legal challenges begin against ND abortion laws: Associated Press
- Apple tax row: Ireland says its tax regime is not to blame: The Guardian
- City sues six parking meter 'Robin Hoods' who put money in expired meters: Union Leader
- Court says woman can seek lawyers' fees despite dismissal of vaccine lawsuit as too late: Washington Post
- Plus: Trial for captain in deadly shipwreck in Italy; and Judge won't dismiss $75 million casino lawsuit
Go to National Legal News